This 2-day interactive and predominantly hands-on technically focused course covers the fundamentals of test automation to support Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD). You will learn how test automation changes the workflow of the entire development process. This course introduces Cucumber and Ruby scripting as well as the techniques necessary to write tests that are robust and easy to maintain.
- Understanding how the collaborative scenarios translate into automated acceptance criteria
- Automating acceptance tests through a browser
- Exploring the PageObject pattern and how it helps organize your tests
Participants will be able to...
- Automate acceptance criteria for a website using Cucumber and Ruby
- Understanding how automated tests support existing code, bug remediation, and new features
- Understand testing patterns to keep tests reusable and organized
We recommend this course for attendees with a technical background, including but not limited to the following:
- Quality Assurance Automation (Technical)
- Engineers / Developers
Days 1 & 2
- 8:30am - 9:00am Breakfast
- 9:00am - 12:00pm Class Time
- 12:00pm - 1:30pm Lunch
- 1:30pm - 4:30pm Class Time